Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's for dinner?


I spent the afternoon at the farmer's market in Union Square to find the perfect eggplant and zucchini for my dinner tonight.  I plan to cook those up with some diced tomatoes and onions (along with some home grown garlic from my sicilian Aunt Tita) over a bed of pasta for dinner tonight. Sounds delicious, right?! You bet -- but these powerful vegetables are not only delicious, they are nutritious!

Eggplant and Zucchini:
  • contain antioxidants to help fight cancer and support antiviral activity
  • contains deitary fiber to help lower cholesterol and decrease blood sugar levels
  • contains many anti-inflamatory vitamins which help decrease effects of inflamatory diseases like arthritis
  • contains magnesium and potassium which helps to reduce blood pressure
So why not stop by your local farmer's market and cook up a pot of life saving goodness tonight. 
From my kitchen to yours..... bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment