- Steer clear of these terms: corn syrup, high-fructose corn syrup, fruit juice concentrate, maltose, dextrose, sucrose, honey and maple syrup (add sugar to our diet and little nutritional value)
- Foods recommended include:
- yogurt to aid in digestion
- hummus and canned beans to add protein (drain beans first to reduce sodium!)
- canned sauce adding adding antioxidants found inside tomatoes
Monday, January 9, 2012
How to eat healthy, while keep it convenient!
In this fast-paced society we all find ourselves a part of, how can we eat simple and healthy foods while we are on the go? Most people eat pre-made dishes or consume meals outside of the home several times a day! Personally, it's hard work for me to pack lunches and snacks ahead of time and for most, it's impossible. Check out some tips from M.D. Joanna Dolgoff in Healthy Processed Foods: Do They Exist?