Does keeping up with these relationships help you to keep up with your own life??
The Better Health Channel lists many factors that affect our "well being". Some include:
- Network of close friends
- Sense of purpose and meaning
- A sense of belonging
- Happy intimate relationships with a partner
- Sufficient sleep
- Nutritional diet
- Regular exercise
These things seem pretty important to me and I'm sure they do to you too. So, how can you develop your sense of well being?
- Make regular time available for social contact
- Become involved in activities that interest you
- Try to be optimistic and enjoy each day
- Try to find work that you find enjoyable and rewarding, rather than just working for the best pay
- Join local organizations or clubs that appeal to you
Think of challenging yourself in a new way: learn to knit, start a new language, meet someone new, walk a different route home from the train than you usually do..... and find an adventure and perhaps some happiness along the way!