Monday, January 2, 2012

Finding inspiration in the New Year!

As this first Monday of 2012 comes to a close I am reflective of the past year.  My mind is filled with thoughts of my personal resolutions and the new sense of excitement in what the new year will hold for each of us.  Ringing in the New Year always brings a lot of fun and celebration, but it also welcomes anxiety regarding the things we will do, wish for, or change in the upcoming days to come.  I find most people are motivated the first couple of weeks of January and this motivation declines as the winter slowly crawls on.  People place stress on their high expectations and often lose interest quickly, in making the changes they hope for. 

How can you find your own motivation? How can you stick with it for the long haul?

I am excited to share one of my own personal New Year's Resolutions for 2012:
As a newly certified personal trainer with the National Academy of Sports Medicine (wild applause!) I launch my year with training sessions while building a network whom I can support and inform.  I plan to:

-- Post on this blog daily, Monday through Friday, as a daily spot for inspiration, fun facts, and a place for me to showcase the work of my clients and students. 

This goal is specific, measurable and attainable.  Odds are, I'll probably be able to stick with it.  And if something happens and one day a blog post slips through the cracks, I promise myself ahead of time to not let that slow me down.  I will reward myself along with way (if I can get through all four weeks of January, I'll buy myself a new bag I've been dying for!) and find support of others (friends and family) to keep me on task.  I encourage you to find a way to make your own personal resolutions in this way.
  • Goals that are specific, measurable, and can actually happen!
  • Set up a healthy reward system for yourself
  • Tell others what you are up to so they can help you keep on track
  • Chart your progress
  • Applaud yourself for your hard work and effort!
Cheers to 2012 and all the wonderful ways we will improve ourselves and the lives we live!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment