Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Slow down...




As I'm about to head down to lunch, I will try to keep a few of my favorite of these eating habit guidelines in my mind:


  • Slow down! It takes about 20 minutes for our bodies to recognize fullness   
  • Sit down -- don't hover over the sink ;) 
  • Eat with others -- converse, pretend like you are out to eat at a restaurant, and enjoy the meal 
Make time for meals just like you make time for the gym, and other healthy habits.  Put your fork down after a bite or two and fully chew everything you're eating.  You need to KNOW you're eating or you'll be more likely to overeat or feel that common, "I just had dinner, but I feel like I didn't eat anything!" 

I am going to head to lunch now, take my time, chew my food, talk with others, and enjoy it all the while!  




No comments:

Post a Comment