Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cross fit?

I've heard such conversation about the Cross Fit craze that has hit the fitness industry and is bringing non-athletes to fitness and shaping bodies with quite quick results.  I have asked several friends and colleagues about their personal Cross Fit stories and some of it sounds a bit hokey to me.... one friend said, "You do as many as you can without stopping -- get to 100 squats however possible."

My response was with questions related to form.... after 100 squats when the body begins to fatigue, your form will be sacrificed which could possibly lead to injury.  I don't think that just anyone should be working in a Cross Fit, mass amounts of repetitions, kind of way.

But..... I do love the selected workout posted by Women's Health Magazine -- a Cross Fit workout which highlights 6 different exercises (see below) targeting various muscle groups for strength training as well as components of plyometric training. Each series alters the number of repetitions, duration, and order in which you complete them.

You can even print it out and bring it to the gym -- or move your furniture and do it right in your living room!  I plan to try it out tomorrow :) I'll let you know how it goes.


dotted line
Jump Squat
dotted line
Butterfly Situp





dotted line
Burpee
dotted line
Triceps Dip
dotted line
Lunge Hop
dotted line
Pushup




No comments:

Post a Comment