Yes, we went B-A-N-A-N-A-S in Dance Conditioning today
while eating this delicious fruit.... and learning its importance in our diets.
- FULL of potassium, which helps maintain normal blood pressure and heart function, while being low in sodium
- reduces muscle cramps after physical activity!
- high in fiber to keep us heart healthy --- and specifically pectin, a soluble fiber, help regulate the digestive tract
- replenishes electrolytes lost when sweating
- contains about 15% of your daily Vitamin C intake
- full of good carbs to give an energy boost after a workout
- full of nutrients like iron, magnesium, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, carotene and choline
So grab a banana, then toss the peel outside because it's BIODEGRADABLE and good for the environment... thanks Dierdre, for this Earth friendly recommendation!