Friday, September 7, 2012

After a bit of a break.....

I've returned!  I spent the past two weeks getting ready for a new job and the first thing neglected was the blog..... and my sleep.  I have been running myself ragged and am feeling exhausted!  

Today I'm thinking about...... How to get more energy?

Health Magazine suggests:

  1. Laughter -- to raise your blood pressure and heart rate 
  2. Take a walk or exercise 
  3. Stretch!  A simple door jam stretch to release the front of the torso, especially if you are crouched over a computer all afternoon: Stand in the door way and place both hands out to your sides while holding the door jam and pressing the chest forward 
  4. See something red!  When I caught a glimpse of this flower, I actually felt more awake! My eyes opened wider and your muscles will actually move faster after seeing this color.  



Try a pick-me-up snack of:

  • Banana with peanut butter for a mix of protein and healthy sugar  
  • Nuts and dried fruit -- nuts are slow burning and will help to sustain you 
Have a restful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment