Tuesday, July 29, 2014


What is a chia seed?!

I absolutely love to teach.  In class this morning one of our student's, Lucy, told me I was a warrior :)  When was the last time YOU heard that?!  Well, it's actually on the label of today's featured post..... the health warrior: found inside of a chia bar.  This one (shown above) which I had after my run today happens to have coconut, and it was delicious AND filling!!!!

Getting it's name from the Mayan word for "strength", these small but powerful seeds are knows to boost and help sustain stamina and energy levels.  Chia seeds have the maximum amount of nutrients with the minimum amount of calories.  They contain fiber, omega fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants, and even protein.  Chia helps aid in weight loss and digestion by helping to curb your appetite.  So try adding this little tiny superfood into your diet!  


No comments:

Post a Comment